Changing the game since 2017, we're a new type of music company giving free music distribution and empowering tools to artists and their teams across the globe. By using music consumption data, we find, license, and build cutting-edge services for tomorrow’s platinum-selling independent talent.
As an A&R, you will be using Amuse's proprietary system to identify, sign and work artists across many different genres. You will be a trusted point of contact for artists and their teams and make sure we deploy creative strategies that help us reach our ambitious targets for the artists on our roster.
To thrive in this role, you possess an analytical mindset, a deep understanding of the digital music landscape, and the ability and drive to analyze current trends and spot opportunities. The music industry is your passion, and you are eager about the Amuse concept surrounding our artists.
- Identify, sign and develop new talent to Amuse. Focusing both on released music as well as working closely with artists and their team to release new music.
- Manage the creative process, and coordinate with all contributors to ensure everyone understands the vision.
- Define and be accountable for clear and ambitious targets for all your assigned projects.
- Work cross-functionally with the marketing team on marketing strategy and campaigns.
- Keep a close relationship with the brand team to create opportunities for the artist and Amuse.
- Build relationships with artists, managers, lawyers, and publishers.
Qualities and skills you possess:
- Innovative and problem-solving mindset, with a genuine interest and curiosity for the music/tech space.
- Previous experience with Artist Project Management.
- Experience with artist signing and deal negotiation.
- Deep understanding of the digital music landscape.
- Previous experience working at a music company (label and/or management) is considered a merit.
- Exceptional networking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
- Scope: A&R.
- Team: Label.
- Report to: Head of label.
- Location: Flexible Remote.
Perhaps you have other skills and qualifications that are relevant for this role? We look forward to hearing from you! Don’t be discouraged from applying if you do not match the job description perfectly.