Changing the game since 2017, we're a new type of music company giving free music distribution and empowering tools to artists and their teams across the globe. By using music consumption data, we find, license, and build cutting-edge services for tomorrow’s platinum-selling independent talent.
Located at the HQ in Stockholm, the Amuse legal team works cross-border to support all teams in the company, and in this role, you will primarily focus on being a partner to the Amuse Label team. Our Label team signs artists and develops artist careers. You will be working closely with the team, advising on risk management, drafting contracts, and negotiating terms with artists and their teams. You will continuously identify and implement ways to improve and develop working practices and knowledge sharing across the business with your colleagues. As a Legal Counsel for the label team, you play a crucial role in ensuring all legal & contractual obligations of the team are met.
- Drafting and negotiating material contracts (license agreements, collaboration agreements, sample clearances, etc.) and supporting the label team and artists.
- Help build and develop strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Developing and managing structures and processes to share area-specific legal knowledge with your colleagues in the Legal team to help build and capture team know-how.
- Coordinating with your colleagues in the Legal team around contract guidelines and directives of general relevance, such as default clauses and risk tolerance levels, and on contract management efforts benefiting Amuse.
- Assist in the enforcement and protection of Amuse’s intellectual property rights.
- The continuous improvement of Amuse’s contracts, deals, and philosophy in regards to music rights.
We are looking for a business-oriented and enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills. You understand and value business relationships and can deliver commercial and legal advice to colleagues at all levels. Building trust is key.
- Master’s degree with a particular focus on business/commercial or copyright law.
- You are fluent in English and Swedish, both written and verbal.
- Ideally, you have 2+ years of previous experience from a similar in-house role or working at a law firm, preferably from the music industry.
- Experience negotiating and drafting a wide array of commercial contracts, with a strong foundation and understanding of contract/IP/copyright law
- You are a self-starter with an ability to prioritize, lead and deliver multiple complex projects.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Who you are:
- You share our passion for music as well as our artist-friendly values.
- You enjoy both collaborative and self-directed projects and can work effectively in each.
- You are comfortable with an ever-changing landscape.
- You can see the ‘big picture and translate high-level strategy to day-to-day implementation.
- You successfully navigate complex problems by crafting unconventional solutions.
- Scope: Fulltime and permanent
- Team: Legal
- Reports to: General Counsel
- Location: Stockholm Flexible Remote
- Start date: Q4
You will be working with a diverse group of talented, motivated, thoughtful, and engaging co-workers. Being part of a startup in its growth phase, you will have the opportunity and freedom to influence. Don't be discouraged to apply if you do not match the job description perfectly. Perhaps you have other skills and qualifications that are relevant for this role? We look forward to hearing from you!