Amuse is a new kind of music tech company with a big mission: we are changing the music industry for the better — while taking on the major labels — by building digital tools for modern artists and their teams. In addition to our artist apps, we also run a record company the way it was supposed to be run: artist-friendly, and innovative with a twist of data and insights.
The Amuse technology team is expanding, and we are now seeking a Senior/Lead Android Engineer to lead our android engineers as they continue developing and delivering high-quality user experiences on the android platform to our users. As a person, you are well-rounded technically with a solid and strong understanding of everything Android. In addition, you enjoy working with a team and aim to inspire and share your knowledge with others.
We know that talent and creativity are a big part of making great code, and as Amuse is constantly growing, we can offer you a fast-paced, flexible workplace that is open to problem-solving and new data-driven solutions.
In this role, you will have a direct impact on our Android engineering team, our future success, and play a part in the future of the music industry.
As Senior/Lead Android engineer you will:
- Work cross-functionally as part of the Android team.
- Lead the Android engineers regarding technologies, architectural patterns, and technical approaches.
- Make and drive architectural and technical decisions.
- Write and review high-quality code and technical documentation.
- Learn, maintain, and improve our existing codebase.
- Represent the Android team internally.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture to set clear goals, delegate tasks, and set deadlines.
- Liaison with Customer Support, platform team, data team, QA, etc. to identify and prioritize improvements that are not obvious/visible from a higher-level business perspective.
Qualities and skills you possess:
- +5 years of proven Android engineering experience.
- Strong understanding of modern Android development and solid experience of Kotlin.
- Interest in both architecture, usability, and interface design.
- Experience with Dagger 2, Kotlin coroutines, Room, and MVVM.
- Passionate about testing and experience of test-driven development.
- Proven track record of technical leadership in both startups and large companies.
- Scope: Senior/Lead Android Engineer.
- Team: Technology. Core team.
- Reports to: Head of Technology.
- Location: Flexible.
Don't be discouraged to apply if you do not match the job description perfectly, perhaps you have other skills and qualifications that are relevant for this role? We look forward to hearing from you!