Amuse is a new kind of music tech company with a big mission: we are changing the music industry for the better — while taking on the major labels — by building digital tools for modern artists and their teams. In addition to our artist apps, we also run a record company the way it was supposed to be run: artist-friendly, and innovative with a twist of data and insights.
We are now looking for an experienced and well-rounded Senior Software Engineer that knows the benefits of well-tested code, continuous integration along with logging and monitoring, to join Amuse and help us build products that will transform and revolutionize the music industry.
Our journey is just taking off and you will join our small but experienced platform team with an ambitious, fun, and passionate mindset. The platform team is responsible for the development and maintenance of our backend systems, integrations with music streaming services and our REST APIs.
In this role, you will take features from the idea stage to scalable production deployments among many other exciting tasks. As a person, you are driven by challenges, learning along with trying new things and enjoy having the freedom to explore code, build scalable systems, big data problems, and high-performance applications. In addition to this helping team members and sharing your knowledge is something you enjoy.
In this role you will:
- Write and review high-quality code with unit and integration tests.
- Work in cross-functional teams using agile practices.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product owners, and QA.
- 5 or more years of software development experience, preferably in backend development.
- Demonstrated experience in building, maintaining, and optimizing REST API:s for large-scale consumer applications.
- Previous experience with Python/Django and AWS.
- Previous experience with service-oriented architecture and distributed systems.
- Previous experience of test-driven development and working with unit- and integration tests.
- Scope: Full time and permanent
- Team: Technology
- Reports to: Director of Technology
- Location: Flexible
- 30 paid vacation days and flexible work hours.
- A generous wellness allowance.
- Afterworks, sometimes with live performances from our artists or employees.
- Free ice cream, energy drinks, and beer available in the office.
Do not be discouraged to apply if you do not match the job description perfectly, perhaps you have other skills and qualifications that are relevant for this role? We look forward to hearing from you!