Amuse is a new kind of music tech company with a big mission: we are changing the music industry for the better — while taking on the major labels — by building digital tools for the modern artists and their teams. In addition to our artist apps, we also run a record company the way it was supposed to be run: artist-friendly, and innovative with a twist of data and insights.
We are now looking for an independent and responsible Accounting Manager with an eye for detail and a passion for accounting, to join our Finance team. In this role you will actively engage with managers and staff while administering all financial transactions, from payments and salaries to reconciliations, extracting reports, calculating and managing tax payments and returns. Primarily you will work with the Swedish AB but there are also a few foreign subsidiaries and partnership companies. As a person you thrive in a fast-paced and flexible workplace, where you can work with integrity and play a key role in helping the company grow and reach new ambitious targets.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including:
- handle monthly and quarterly closings, and the year-end process.
- manage and oversee all accounting transactions.
- ensure timely bank payments.
- compute taxes, prepare and file tax returns.
- payroll and expenses.
- assist in budgeting.
- assist in cash forecasting.
- revenue and expenditure variance analysis.
- account reconciliations.
- Assess and improve current accounting practices, policies and procedures.
- Investigate and resolve customer and sales team queries.
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions and reconciliations.
- Managing the internal contacts with our sister companies in England and USA.
Qualities and skills you possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Proven work experience as an Accounting Manager or an Accountant.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Excel, accounting software and databases.
- Written and spoken professional proficiency in Swedish and English.
It's a bonus if you also have experience with:
- Royalty Accounting.
- System Migration.
- The music industry and/or fast growth start-ups.
- Scope: Fulltime and permanent.
- Team: Finance.
- Reports to: CFO.
- Location: Stockholm
Don't be discouraged to apply if you do not match the job description perfectly, perhaps you have other skills and qualifications that are relevant for this role? We look forward to hearing from you!