The Amuse label team is looking for a talented, passionate and data driven A&R Scout to grow Amuse's global footprint by entering partnerships with artists from all over the world.
About the gig
The Amuse label team is growing fast, and is now looking to further strengthen the team with a consultant based A&R Scout. Amuse offers artists optimal solutions to keep their independence and 100% of their royalties, while still being able to invest in their future. The role is based on connecting with artist teams not yet using our platform and highlight the benefits and possibilities of partnering up with Amuse.
We think that you have at least 5 years of experience working in the music industry, preferably at a record label, distributor, booking agency or management. You are used to communicating with artists/managers and have a deep understanding of different artists' needs and the way royalties work in the digital/streaming economy. Reaching out to artists and teams comes natural to you and you enjoy introducing artists to opportunities and closing deals.
As an A&R scout your responsibilities will be to secure new talent to the label by
- Understanding and taking action on types of data leveraging Amuse different A&R tools
- Sourcing talent and evaluating catalog
- Doing outreach and developing relationships
- Negotiating and closing label deals
- Acting as label liaison with artists once they are signed to the label.
- Keeping up with industry news and trending topics
- Developing and maintaining relationships with industry insiders (artists, managers, agents, attorneys, etc
- Preferably 5 years music industry experience, with a demonstrated track record of finding artists that fit in with label's offerings, alternatively similar experience related to working with artists
- Excellent communication and relationship building and time management skills; ability to influence and negotiate
- Must have strong knowledge of music and the ability to separate/identify what’s commercially viable
- A proactive data driven self-starter with strong problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, be flexible and be a team player.
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with artists, managers, attorneys, etc.
- Must understand the artist lifestyle/point of view
- Excellent computer skills and an intimate knowledge of the internet
We can offer you:
- Exciting work at a bustling music tech startup
- Working close with amazing artists
- Talented, fun, and friendly colleagues
- A great office space in downtown Stockholm (you know, post-covid that is)
Amuse is a new kind of music tech company with a big mission: we are changing the music industry for the better — while taking on the major record labels — by building digital tools for the modern artists and their teams. In addition to our artist apps, we also run a record company the way it was supposed to be run, artist-friendly, and innovative with a twist of data and insights.
Working at Amuse means working at a company with excellent colleagues that all value an open and honest culture, where we support each other while making sure to have a lot of fun together.
The applicant of this position should reside in Europe. Consultant based, starting as soon as possible. Make sure to include a short personal letter, CV and your social media handles in the application on our career website.